Me and My Family

Me and My Family

24 January, 2014

Wow, can it be possible

Wow, it's been a busy week. I don't know how I entertained any thoughts of it being otherwise. I have to get myself ready for my trip as well as get the house in order, get work samples ready to turn in for Damon (they were due last week)!!!!! I also have to get all the laundry done, and try to get some sleep.

Sleep? what's that? Damon has been awake into the late hours of night for over a week now, though thankfully sleeping in each morning. Until last night! He was up late, then woke up early when the dog was whining at me to take him out. Damon woke up and never went back to sleep. By early i mean 3am. Not 6 or 7, 3 AM!!!!!! Now how is this boy going to function today? How am I going to stay sane?

I have a suspicion he might be getting anxious because I leave tomorrow night. We have talked about it, and at one point last night he was whimpering, I hugged him and asked what was wrong...to which he replied, "I am sad cus you will be gone for a whole month, I am going to miss you and I don't want you to go."

Can it be possible for us to get through the day without naps, or nagging one another? It's too bad that when tensions are running high and we are feeling sad to be  parting ways, at the same time we are grumpy and treating one another badly because of that tension/stress, and in our case lack of sleep in addition to the stress. oooooh bad sentence, I know.

I DO feel bad though and will try to be as loving and understanding of his emotions as possible today without also letting him be disrespectful and try to run all over me. I have to keep him busy.
It's a wonderful thought to take him to Bouncing Bears to play, but then that means I am out of the house and not getting things done that need doing. I will think on that.

In the mean time, it's 45 and raining and blowing outside!! Where has winter gone?

I have not doubts that when I return from Mexico winter will be in full swing again here in Palmer.

This post has been all over the place. Must be I am a little tired. And a little anxious myself. It is my deepest and most sincere prayer right now that my Faith along with  these alternative treatments work enough for me to feel good, and stop the growth of my cancer. Maybe even shrinking some of it.....? Wouldn't that be grand. I know my Savior is the Master Physician and it is possible, just pray it's so with me.
We watched a little video clip last night with the Missionaries called "Mountains to Climb". It was very good. It's about enduring to the end and moving forward even when all seems lost. About trying hard when we feel like giving up. Getting up each morning when we would rather stay in bed and feel sorry for ourselves. Putting on a smile even when we feel we have nothing to smile about. Heavenly Father is testing our Faith. Will we be faithful? Will we stay true to our own faith or let the advisary invade our lives?

Keep Moving Forward!!!
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment