Me and My Family

Me and My Family

08 November, 2010

Kissing Wars

Mmmmm, I love getting kissed by Littleman. Especially gentle kisses. I'm talking about this now because he just got done kissing me all over the face.
He was feeling especially tender and loving I guess. Heres' how we came to this moment.........



This morning we ran errands, going to the dump being one of them. Littleman loves going to the dump because Mommy lets him help throw things over the edge. And I lift him into the back of the truck to reach things I can't without myself getting up there. It's a good thing I went to the dump today and not My John. There were a few things I found that were not meant for the dump. Good Save.

After lunch, a fraction of which Littleman ate, we bundled up and went outside to play. Well, let me rephrase that, I scooped poop and Littleman played. He assertively pushed his dumptruck around and dropped off ice chunks from it here and there around the yard. At one point he dumped some into the ditch in front of our home and later went to retrieve them, talking to them saying, "I found your Dad, but he's frozen in there!" Then more jibberish I didn't catch. I burst out laughing. Littleman is famous for having conversations with his toys, or whatever he is playing with, like ice!

We came in, relaxed, and then I have been preparing things for dinner and cleaning the kitchen when Littleman stated he was hungry. He was demanding ice cream, to which I replied, "we aren't having ice cream until after dinner so if you want to eat, it has to be this apple." He started eating and I was looking through his "FRIEND" magazine for a message for tonights family home evening. I came across an article on how to be more like Jesus. I asked Damon...uh Littleman how he could be more like Jesus, he started talking about how he was going to be Jesus for the next Halloween. He proceeded to try and describe what he would wear. I listened then asked again, how can ACT more like Jesus? What things can you do to act in ways he would act?

He cocked his head, rolled his eyes as if thinking intently, and said, "I can be good, and nice."
Perfect!!!! That's what I was looking for. That is when I approached him to hug him with hugs and kisses, to which he responded with fervant kisses for me, all over my face and a huge, sweet, loving, wonderful HUG! I love and live for these tender moments between me and my and son!

I was reading the blog, "NieNieDialogues" earlier and she wrote about how she is having a hard time with her kids getting older and she doesn't ever want her sons to grow up. I can SO relate. I always felt that way while raising Kaili, and now I feel the same with Littleman. Even more so now...but I also have a strong desire and determination to survive and be thriving into his adult yrs. At the VERY LEAST until he serves a mission and comes home from that.

Mmmmmm.....lovin' the moments!

Here is a scripture I happened upon during Church on Sunday....


"And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to , thy faith hath made thee whole."
Enos 1:8 Book of Mormon

My Faith can make ME whole!!!!

Read it again and replace thou and thee and thy with yourself...My, me, I...however it works. lol
Blessings to each and everyone of you...my readers.
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment