Me and My Family

Me and My Family

20 August, 2010

I don't have pictures of today.

Today wasn't really a day I felt much like photographing. I developed a cough Wednesday afternoon and my right lung has been hurting.

I chalked it up to being out of shape and thinking my lung wasn't healed from the biopsy and that the capacity of it wasn't what it used to be. Last night I was VERY uncomfortable and John insisted I call the clinic this morning.
So I waited until almost 9 a.m. when I knew John wouldn't let me get away with waiting any longer. I called the clinic, they called me back after talking to the Doctor. I was told to go the the ER in case they wanted a chest X-ray.

Grrrr. NOT what I wanted to do today...this was absolutely not on my agenda. You know, the sun was shining, the skies were clear and it wasn't windy. I was actually planning my walks around the neighborhood and possibly to the base with Damon before I even got out of bed. I also had a date with Kaili for Italian Creme Sodas at 1pm. I was definitely wasn't going to miss that.

So off to the ER I went with John and Damon. The Doctor there was expecting me and had bloodwork ordered as soon as I walked in. He suspected blood clot. The bloodwork came back positive so then I was to get an IV contrast CT scan of my lungs to see where it was.

The scan...well that is just interesting. Robert, the technician puts this contrast into the IV and I immediately feel warm in my throat, then my chest, then midsection, then all of a sudden I think I wet myself. Honestly that is what if feels like. It is stranger than strange and you aren't allowed to move while this sensation is going all through your (my) body! It happens really fast, then it's all gone, I get to come out of the tube and wait for results.

POSITIVE! A blod clot in EACH lung. Go figure. As a friend of Johns said to me, I never do anything "half-assed". HAHAHA Go Tom!

So, self injected shots for who knows how long, and coumadin on top of that. More bloodwork on Monday to see if the coumadin is taking over yet. These are bloodthinners. In the meantime, I am to take it easy. I can still exercise but nothing that hurts. Exercise is part of who I am! I have to be able to exercise. John has put me on more of a restriction than the Doctor(s). He likes to restrict me, of course when he thinks it is for my own good.

In this case I am sure it probably is for my own good. Though at this rate, I am NEVER going to lose the weight I want to lose. I should have done it 2 yrs ago! HAHA, I am on blood thinners and all I can think is, what exercise can I get, how can I lose weight.??

My friends Amy and Jake came over tonight and John and Jake gave me a blessing. That was so wonderful, peaceful, and much needed. I love Amy and Jake and their family! They just drop whatever they are doing to help me out, or incorporate what I need into what they are doing. I have a lot of friends here in Kodiak like that. I am so going to miss it here.

Isaiah 41:10
Love ya all!
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment