Me and My Family

Me and My Family

01 August, 2012

Thawing

                                        My sweet nephew, wanting to drive my rental. The 'stang



                                                 Dessert before lunch. Joe's Crab Shack
                                                                           Kemah, Tx



                                                                 Me and Jeremy
                                                                    Kemah, Tx



                                                        My Texas boyfriend, Phineas




                                                                   Tyler, cooling off

Well, it's been tiring but good to be here for a quick visit and medical appointments. My brother, Jeremy and I drove to Houston twice this week to see the doctor at MD Anderson. The rest of the time I am just relaxing and enjoying with my nephew, brother and sister-in-law, Kristin. It's been real hot here...but that is okay. I realize the heat gets real old to those living here and I am sure it would to me too if i lived here, but I just came to thaw out a bit.
I am definitely thawing...fast.
Right now my Texas boyfriend is laying across my arm and I am having trouble typing, but he is such a cuddler and love.
I leave tomorrow night and return Sunday for a 2 week vacation. We will be in New Bruenfels. I am looking forward to it for numerous reasons, a few of which are that my older brother and his family are coming down from Iowa to share some time with us at the Worldmark resort, and so all three of us and our families will be together for a few days. We plan to hit Schlitterban, the world famous water park, as well as SeaWorld and whatever else we feel inclined to do. There will also be some relaxing and visiting going on. Just what I need!!! And John also!!! Maybe he more than me. I will be returning to treatment when we return to Alaska and he does so much for me anyway, but even more when I am going through Chemo. He needs a chance to warm up and feel the sun on his face and shoulders.
He will!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sooo glad you're going to be able to do the vacation before you resume chemo. Enjoy it to the fullest. It's also great that all three of you will be together. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot here too in Colorado. More hot next week while driving to Arizona and California. But with family makes it worth it!
    Your relaxing now before your vacation even starts so get that sun on your cheeks and shoulders too!
    How fun next weeks going to be at Schlitterban! No worries on vacation either!

    PS We are going to Joes Crab Shack tonight! And if you dont hear from me after saturday night tell Damon to come search the halls for me at the Stanley Hotel..its haunted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your vacation- I hope things went well at MD. Just like I thought you look beautiful with your new hair!!!

    ReplyDelete