Me and My Family

Me and My Family

06 October, 2010

Today was a Good Good Day!

CT scan.

I had one today. It was time to see what is going on compared to when we started this journey.

Let me start by saying it has been a long wait. An anxious wait. The closer we got to this date, the more anxious I became...having bad dreams, negative thoughts, increasing my prayers...I'm sorry to say they were slacking. It's so easy to get comfortable. Even in times of stress.

On top of all the anxiety about the CT scan...we were in the process of moving. Packing, cleaning, organizing, living in a hotel for 10 days with a 4 yr old and two dogs. That was a whole different breed of stress and required careful consideration of stress relieving options. To cover all my options, I was getting massages. For me, besides working out at the gym, there is nothing like a massage to get my mind off life.

Ooops, sorry I got sidetracked. I could talk all day about stress relieving options.
The real reason for this post is to talk about my CT scan.

Well, I went in this morning after drinking two bottles of berry flavored ct contrast drink. Not too bad. WAY better than Magnesium Citrate. Remember my thoughts on that? So wrong!!! False advertising at it's worst.

Anyway, the gentleman trying to get the IV in had difficulty. He called in a colleague after 3 tries. She got it right away. So in I go...into the tube. Then out, and Forrest, put the iodine in through the IV. Whooooooo, that feels weird. It starts hot in the throat, then down to the chest...and on down till you feel like you have wet yourself. In I go again. Hold my breath, scan...repeat 2-3 times. Then I'm done. We waited all day for a call from the Doctor. At around 4:15 she finally called.


She said the report showed a "marked reduction in size and number" of nodules. GREAT!!!! This is what we wanted to hear. This means........there are fewer nodules than there were when we had the first CT scan, and the ones that are still there have shrunk in size. woooooo hoooooo.

The Doctor said we will continue with a few more treatments and then give me a break. We will then do another round most likely. While that doesn't sound fun to me...I'm tired of the side effects, it works because if the medicine is doing what it's supposed to do, I want to do this till the nodules are GONE altogether.

All in all it's a good good day! We are in a new home, getting unpacked, my Dad is visiting, John is working overtime to help unpack, my Mom is coming and it's a good WEEK.

Blessings to each and every one of you.

1 comment:

  1. HORRAY!!! I'm so happy to hear this- you are doing amazing and I know besides the medicine your spunky and happy attitude had a lot to do with it:) Love you lots- Susan