Me and My Family

Me and My Family

29 October, 2010

All in a Days Work, right?







Such Hard work....mmm hmmm right!

M


The Two Guys I live with! What an adventure.


And all in a days play..........learning how to play "sorry".



Taking my kitchen accessories to a new level.





Such a poser.







I just wanted to share a few pictures with all of you before writing.

We have been having fun in our new home, our new neighborhood, our new town. John of course loves his toys, and the dogs love to play too. As far as Damon and my kitchen accessories or utensils, he doesn't need toys...he can turn anything in my kitchen or house for that matter into a gun, plane, car, boat, a rocketship, or whatever tickles his imagination at the moment.

We spent one day bumming around and went to Lowes, so I took Damons picture next to this wonderfully scary witch. He had a hard time leaving her. He was fascinated.

I just went Thursday for infusion #10. 10, what? where did the time go? Not that time always flies when I'm going through infusions and the 5 days afterwards, but for real? I have 4 more and then the next CT scan, then discuss a BREAK.

A BREAK.... just what I need. And not a week too soon. It will be nice to feel "normal" for a few months.

Let me break it down for my own sake, I'm pleading "chemo brain"..LOL

Diagnosis: April 22, 2010
Surgery: April 26, 2010
PET scan: May 13, 2010
Lung Biopsy: June 2, 2010
Chemo begins: June 17, 2010: after teaching appt with FNP Kim.
one,
two,
three,
four,
five,
six,
seven,(up through this one I was having to travel from Kodiak each and every time! spending 4 days away from home and John, Damon, and Kaili.)
eight,
nine,
ten.
And somewhere in there, a delay of treatment by one week due to blod clots and low white blood cell count due to a bad virus I had.
WHEW..............what a journey so far.

Everytime I see Doctor Anderson, or Nurse Beth, they comment on how well my body is handling this. With the exception of when I had the virus, my blood counts, and my levels look GREAT! My blood pressure is always within a normal, healthy range which is wonderful considering the fact Avastin, one of my meds is notorious for raising blood pressure. Now if I could just lose weight. I know the nutritionist said not to, but I need to. Not a ton at first, but enough to make me feel better and move better, and have a better outlook. I have gained weight in the last 3-4 weeks and Nurse Beth says it may be due to one of my anti nausea meds I am taking which is a steriod, but I don't take it often, and not much.
Either way, one thing that I am doing is working out again. It will take a few weeks to kick in since I have been more sedentary lately because our bodies usually rebel when we start an exercise routine.
Wow, I always get off topic. My dad is probably lauging now...he knows just how true this is, and he gives me a hard time about it, or just about rambling in general. hahahaha
I am guilty as charged!!!

Time for bed, soo soo tired. Tomorrow is Saturday and for that I am grateful.
And I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing my in so many ways, good health (despite cancer), is that an oximoron? but really, good blood pressure, good blood counts, and levels, and relatively minimal side effects.
I am also very grateful for each one of you and your prayers!
Love,
Dani

2 comments:

  1. And I am so very grateful to have you for my daughter.
    You are such a fighter, always have been and always will be.
    Sorry if I tease you about your rambling. It's all in jest, you know.
    You make a papa proud. Love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Man, I miss you! I was talking to Audrey and Nancy today at church about starting to train for the triathlon again. If you're feeling up to it, wanna do some training alongside me? I'm committing to making time for myself and exercise!

    Wish you were here. Lots of wishes, just like your last post! :) Love you...

    ReplyDelete