Me and My Family

Me and My Family

16 January, 2013

Long time no SEe

I realize it has been  a long time since I wrote in my blog. I now know that I have missed doing so. I am writing now to update you on what is going on. 

I met with my doctor today to discuss my CT scan results. Compared to my last scan, which was July 30th, 2012, there has been a tiny bit of growth. Meaning, on one lesion there was 1mm of growth, on another there was 5mm of growth. Besides these two, all the others were stable and there were no new ones and no spreading. 
I have mixed feelings about these results.

On one hand I feel good about them because there was no spreading, and given the fact that there are multiple lesions bilaterally in both lungs the fact that only two show growth is good. On the other hand, any growth at all while taking chemo is not a good sign. It means that my body must be building up a resistance to that particular medicine.
I will count my blessings though, because this the perfect time to take a break, and try alternatives. I need to start my break before I go to Hallelujah Acres so that my mouth feels normal.
On that note, let me explain what my plan is. I haven't written in a long time, Chemo has taken quite a toll on me this round and it has just been more than I wanted to deal with.
So now I am writing...let me tell the story.
For a year and a half or longer I have been playing with the idea of going to some lifestyle center to learn about living a plant based diet life. I have read books, watched documentaries, you tube videos, talked with people, re-read, re-watched, and talked to more people and wondered how I could make this happen. After all it's not like it's free to go. And it's not like I wasn't scared to quit chemo and rely on my body to heal itself.
During this round, I finally decided to take more control. I set up a fundraising site online (www.gofundme.com/1t2xlk) and wrote a little bit of my story and hit submit. I really didn't know what to expect. Let me just say, I am feeling very (I mean VERY), blessed, and humbled by the generosity of people I know and love, and people I do not even know. I chose where I wanted to go and decided to just DO IT.
So, I am headed to Hallelujah Acres Lifestyle Center in West Virginia. I found out about this place when I read the book, "God's way to Ultimate Health" by Dr. George Malkmus. I will go and spend two weeks there in total immersion in the lifestyle. Learning how to make meals for myself with a plant based diet. There will be lots of carrot juice, and barley max and I will have to try new things, but I have to do this. What have I got to lose? The chemo is making me feel worse than the cancer is at this point. I owe it to myself and to my family to try this. I am trying to prep my husband and son for the changes that will happen when I return. Like totally cleaning out the pantry and restocking it and the fridge with healthy food.
No more birthday cakes, halloween candy, etc...for us. Unless they teach me how to make healthy cake. haha
They will be teaching me to make brownies using black beans. Interesting. I can't wait.
Two things I am not looking forward to, using mushrooms, I can't stand the things, and missing my two boys at home. And John, I mean you and Damon, not Damon and Bode just in case you are wondering.
So, for now this will do. Please visit my site, read my information,  and share it if you feel inclined to do so. I appreciate you reading my blog, and visiting my gofundme site. May God bless you!

Love,

Dani
www.gofundme.com/1t2xlk

1 comment:

  1. Black bean brownies, heh. And mushrooms? I don't remember you being particularly adventurous with your food as a child. Would love to be there to see you tryingsome of this stuff. ;) when are you going? More prayers headed your way.

    ReplyDelete