Me and My Family

Me and My Family

19 July, 2011

Protein

I have had many people ask me how I get enough protein in my new lifestyle diet. Well, I eat black beans, broccoli, plenty of spinach and some things made with tofu.
I found this article on yahoo about protein, the worst and best. For us and the environment.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/the-1-best-protein-for-your-health-and-the-worst-to-avoid-2512800/

I always find these articles interesting.
Some days I am sure I get more protein than other days. But overall I feel good, I have energy, and I don't feel hungry all the time.

Just sharing
Dani

2 comments:

  1. I did not know that broccoli has protein in it. How very interesting! I never used to like broccoli until I went on Weight Watcher's. I learned to cook it in high heat in the oven, brush with a bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Sooooo tasty! I also sometimes just steam it in the microwave with a tablespoon of water in the bottom of the bowl. Cook for 2 minutes on high and it's lovely. Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also eat plenty of organic natural peanut butter which has more protein than jiff, without the sugar and oil.

    ReplyDelete