Me and My Family

Me and My Family

17 February, 2013

traveling

I am now in Cleveland. It's been a long 24 hours and it's not over yet. I spent Saturday at home doing laundry, packing, getting some last minute things done around the house, and spending time with my guys. We then headed into Anchorage to take care of a few things there and have dinner with my wonderful friend Lisa and her family before heading to the airport. Saying goodbye to my guys was not easy...Damon cried and clung to me, not wanting me to go. I continually reassured him I was going to a good place to learn good things and I would miss him so much in return. I think he understands that I am going for good reasons, yet still doesn't quite understand why I have go away to learn those things. He first wanted me to stay, then he wanted me to sneak him with me, then back to wanting me to stay. He is fine though, and while I know he misses me, as I do him, he is being good for Daddy and having a good Sunday so far.
Last nights flight was long and rough...literally. There was so much turbulence! It was almost non-stop. A very bumpy flight. I love the Denver airport though. It had a Jamba Juice so i was able to get a healthy breakfast. They also had a croc store where I was able to get some much needed comfy shoes. My danskos all of a sudden were feeling 2 sizes too small.
Funny thing, there were birds in the airport in Denver. So cute, providing they don't poo on your head, or in your food. Oh that didn't happen to me, but I did wonder if it happens to anyone.
There are also birds here in the Cleveland airport. so funny.
On to the flight to Cleveland. What a bunch of whiny flight attendants. They sat in the back behind their curtain complaining about situations with customers they didn't like. Not even trying to talk quietly. Then upon landing, the maintenance people opened up the back door to offload and then load items and the flight attendants in the back kept griping about the cold. Then it went into their own little sidebar about how people tell them their job must be so glamorous. And they were like "oh yea really glam. Getting hardly any sleep, working the hours of a two day job into one day"...etc...I was thinking, hey!!!! Have you got your health? A wonderful family? Travel perks? Then so what if you work a lot of hours in a row and stand on your feet a lot. You chose this! Quit if you don't think it is glamorous enough for you. Or at the very least quit complaining about customers and other people in front of customers.
Now I am just complaining about them. That's right. But I am not working and people around me can't hear me, only you who read this. I know I really have no idea about their lives, but am guessing they aren't so bad. I almost turned around when they compared the hours they work in one day to those of someone putting in two or three days of regular hours, and saying how that just isn't glamorous or a cakewalk, i wanted to say, "Try having Cancer and going through the emotions and the chemo, and all that!" But I bit my tongue. I didn't even turn around. Just patiently waited to get off that plane.
And here I am waiting for the connection to my last leg of the trip. It's delayed and keeps getting put off. By the time I get there it will be past my bedtime. But I might find time to sit in the sauna anyway! haha
Well, I will leave it at that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment