Me and My Family

Me and My Family

29 April, 2011

Things change fast

Wow, it's been a long time since I wrote. I had surgery, almost recovered, left the state and returned, had another CT scan, and took on a babysitting job all since I last wrote.
Whew! My hernia repair surgery went well in and of itself, recovery from it however, has been a huge test on my patience, emotional strength, pain threshold, and more. In other words, it's been tough. I had so much more pain than I thought I would. I missed the whole week that Kaili was home for Spring Break.
I was talking to my brother Jeremy a week after surgery and he really wanted me to come down to texas during April while our Dad was there visiting and thought it would be a good break for me. So I talked to John and before I know it we were buying my ticket (Damon went on my companion fare), and we had reservations for Texas.

When we left I was still very sore but Damon was the best little traveler and helper. Texas was the best thing for me at that time. I got to be with family, get lots of sunshine, do lots of relaxing and even some fun stuff.

I needed that time for healing as well as emotional relaxation, as a few days before I left I had a CT scan and the results were not great. The Doctor told me that the lesions were showing in my lungs again. This was the Worst news for me and John! We were hoping for more time...more clear CT scans.

Now I am researching and researching more about diet and the power of the body to heal itself. I wish I could go back 5 yrs ago and know what I know now. Maybe then I wouldn't be where I am today. Who knows...the books I have read would say so, but many others would say not.

If any of my readers has any good books to recommend or ideas to share I would take them. Any success stories to share?

Next post....pictures of Texas!

5 comments:

  1. So glad to see you posting again! I'm curious ... if you could go back 5 years, what would you do diffently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would change my diet, eliminating all meat, dairy, eggs, white sugar, white flour, etc. basically becomce vegetarian and incorporate veggies into my smoothies like I am now doing. But haven't been strict enough or doing it long enough to know if it will even make a difference for me, but I feel better. no more tummy aches, bloating, less cranky for having given up meat dairy nd eggs a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle,

    We love you and remember to "trust in the Lord"
    He knows you and will be there for you. NO MATTER WHAT...like the rest of us. Try to avoid sugar. I am diabetic and never thought I could live without it but I am...one day at a time.
    WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!! You are too precious. Don't look back...go forward with Faith. LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you incorporate veggies into your smoothies? Would love to see posts about that. How do you make your smoothies with no dairy products?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about you!! I hate your scan results- have you heard about a book called the china study? It sounds similar to what you are already working on doing with your diet but it may have some more ideas. I love you lady:)

    ReplyDelete